- Do you enjoy working within a strong Christian environment?
- Do you love connecting people with a heart to give to our work supporting children, young people and their families?
- Based in any capital city in Australia
About Scripture Union Australia
SU Australia is an interdenominational Christian movement committed to supporting children, young people and their families to discover life through the provision of school chaplaincy services, camps, community-based missions, schools ministry, and at-risk youth programs. SU Australia also offers nationally recognised training programs in youth work through the SU Institute of Training (RTO 30548).
SU Australia is part of the worldwide Scripture Union movement, a movement of Christians working with churches to make God’s Good News known to children, young people, and families and to encourage people of all ages to meet God daily through Bible reading and prayer. (su.org.au)
SU Australia is a charitable 'limited by guarantee' not-for-profit organisation comprising more than 1,000 staff and thousands of volunteers, working with churches, and serving in communities in all states and territories across Australia.
All SU Australia staff and volunteers are empowered and equipped to champion a child safe culture and are committed to the highest standards of safety and care in our work with children, young people, and families.
About the role
We are looking for a new team member to join our Supporter Engagement team. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for connecting people who have the capacity and heart to give to the work of SU Australia.
As our Fundraising Coordinator, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with senior leadership to identify and connect major donors, including corporate partnerships and bequests
- Communicating with donors and maintaining our donor CRM with accuracy
- Coordinating grant funding for SU Australia, including providing regular feedback to funders and sponsors
To be successful in this role, you will enjoy working collaboratively and building relationships. Your project management and research skills combined with excellent attention to detail will ensure your success in this role. This is a full time position.
What we offer:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Hybrid working environment
- Close knit team environment
- 2 devotion days a year, annual prayer retreat and an annual SU conference
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified in a relevant tertiary qualification (Business, Communications, Commerce)
- Able to demonstrate exceptional verbal and written presentation skills
- Experienced (minimum 2 years) in the Not-for-Profit or charitable sector, preferably in fundraising or programs management
- Experienced with Salesforce (or similar platform), ideally with knowledge of the Non Profit Success Pack.
In order to be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter – Clearly outlining how you meet the requirements as listed above for our ‘ideal candidate’, including your cultural fit within SU. No more than two pages in total.
- Current CV
The closing date for this position is 17 April 2023. For all general enquiries please contact People Services on 1300 478 753.
(Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered).